View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Bruce C.

Default My First Post

Like many others, I've been lurking for about 2 years, and just recently registered. I've been collecting for just over 30 years, with a couple of breaks when I lost interest (my late teen years, and again in about 1991). While mostly buying new "garbage", I had also been working on a few older sets (1958 Topps, 1960 Leaf, 1953 Bowman B&W).

Anyways, I started to lose interest again, but I have always really enjoyed the hobby. The new stuff does nothing for me, nor do any of the current players. On the older stuff, I also have a bit of a problem paying $3 to have a $1 card shipped to me. The local card shops want NM prices for stuff that is only VG.

The really vintage has always interested me, but I thought I couldn't afford them. I've been working on PSA graded Buffalo Bills team sets, and realized that with the money I was spending on them, I could definetly do a pre-war set. Now I'm just deciding which one to start with. I've been looking at the Diamond Stars, Batter Up, E254, T206 (minus big 3), and even N172. Right now, I'm reading alot of what others are saying to help me narrow down my choices.