View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Dave H@rford

I'm Dave Harford

I am 42 years old, married for 19 years, with 3 daughters. I am currently on active duty in the military and have been for almost 21 years.

I started card collecting in the mid 70's. Being a huge Red Sox fan, I focused by collections there, although I still had to have 1 of every card. Completed sets from 1970 to 1993, to include update sets, but with the revolution of the early 90's to rare insert cards, I gave up that type of collecting. My focus then be came Ted Williams. I gobbled up any card/memorabilia/autograph/photo and everything else Ted Williams I could find. I have nearly every type of Williams item except a few rare or expensive cards/items that I have not either been able to find, or cannot afford.

About 3 years ago, my interest swung to T206 HOF's. I have even now "fine tuned" this to collecting certain variation sets.
Example 1) T206 Frank Chance Yellow portrait back variation set
Example 2) Hugh Jennings One Hand front variations
Example 3) T205 Christy Mathewson back variations.

Most currently, mainly due to budget, I have limited collecting to the few remaining Ted Williams items that strike me, and a few pre-war players that had something in common with my life or family/coincidence/attraction found as I was researching the early baseball era.

Always evolving.