View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Todd Marcum, partner in an ad agency in Roanoke Virginia. Once interview with Rich Klien to be a writer at Beckett...probably turned out better that I didn't get the job (it was for Hockey, which isn't my main interest).

A former shop owner and show promoter, I have not actively dealt in cards since 1993 or so when I sold my shop.

I am 48 and I coach aau baseball, with little effect, truth be told. My son is a power hitting third baseman who looks more like a football player at 14 years old, 5'11 and a muscular 175. He has the collecting bug as well. We normally go to shows in Chantilly and the Moeller show Thanksgiving weekend. I also have a wonderful daughter, great wife and a redbone hound.

I have collected pre-war cards for a very long time....my first T206 was a Snodgrass. While I collect some new cards...I got this weird thing where I collect serial numbered cards, numbered 001/100 or 01/50 or 0001/2500 and Marshall University former players...picked up a 1955 Ashland Oil Marshall College Big Green set last year at Cincy. Looking forward to the national in Baltimore next year...I have been to three previously...Atlanta, Atlantic City and Houston.

I still pick up pre-war, but i have to have a hankering for it. Most of the things I need are pretty expensive and it seems that putting it in college fund is more sensible.

I also like to play APBA baseball, old-fashioned dice version...anyone else?