View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Pup6913

Default Got it twice maybe 3 times when I wasn't looking

Bought a T201 Cobb/Crawford from a very reputable guy on Ebay and it was fake. Got us both. When I tried to return it he blocked me as a buyer and refuse a return. I tried everything I could and of course Ebay sided with him even with proof from GAI and SGC.

Went out on a limb and bought a T206 Cobb Green Background and made him and offer which he took. I talked to the guy on the phone about payment and all that Jazz. I mentioned what I'd like to get for my collection and he sold me a 51 Mantle and a 33 Goudey Ruth bat swinging yellow background. Got them for a few hundred less than Ebay and all the scans were high res so I could verify the cards as real right off. Sent him the money via Paypal and the cards came 2 days later. He had sent reprinted cards and the Mantle was still wet from where he smudged it to look like the real one. The Cobb was obvious and the Ruth even said reprint on it where the other didn't. It took 8 weeks of Paypal, and then had my lawyer involved. The only thing that saved me was the guy at the Post Office signed a letter stating that I opened the cards in the PO and realized they were fake and mailed back same day service insured immediatly. Still took 3 weeks after that to get my $1200 back.

Had $8k worth of vintage ungraded cards Stolen by a guy named Ryan Randles in Des Moines Iowa. Sold a large chunk of my collection to fund the new baby 2 yrs ago and he wrote me a check from his business for them. Check bounced. Tried to prossicute and his cousin turned out to be part of the DPD and inlaws in the law system and a father with some serious connections. I was pretty much screwed because I went up and took back what was left like I was told by the PD and that is what got me. NEVER RECOVER ANYTHING TILL HE IS PROSICUTED!!!! I got set up and he was set.

Anyone wonder why I am so thourough with my transactions. Just want to know I am getting what I paid for and where it is from you to me.