View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Banned

Default 1922 American Caramel E121 Jess "pop" Haines- Auction over

Jess "pop" Haines was the master at throwing the knuckleball. He won two world titles while with the Cardinals and when the post season arrived he flourished under the pressure hence his paltry 1.67 ERA in post season play. His record in World Series play was 3-1.

On the block is this 1922 American Caramel E121 Jess Haines SGC 50 Vg-Ex 4 with only one grading higher in a Ex 5 condition. Generally the lads at SGC are spot on when it comes to grading pre-war cards but here i have to disagree. The card has no creases and is virtually stain free with Ex to Ex-mnt corners and edges. The card should be in a Ex To EX+ holder.

Bidding will start at 20 bucks and the lowest increment will be 2 bucks until it reaches 100 dollars and from that point on the lowest increment will be 5 bucks. Auction ends Sunday night the 30th at midnight. I cover all other charges including shipping. If there is alot of bids at midnight the auction will end when i state it is over before 12:01.

Good luck to all and hopefully Mr. Binder will track this and it will make the VCP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaapop.jpg (71.0 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaaapop1.jpg (69.7 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 08-30-2009 at 10:05 PM.