View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleguy64 View Post
I notice not many people take issue with the Dave Forman aspect of this case.I thought that this was the main crux of the problem with people getting paid?
David,

Welcome to the board (belatedly). You will find that most people on this board will treat everyone with respect, but, the truth is, the board is a microcosm of the world in general.

I think your take that Forman is the crux of the case is overly simplistic. His failure to pay should not have impacted you, unless he was the winning bidder on one of your lots. We don't know that. The fact is that Mastro shipped merchandise to bidders prior to securing payment. That poor business practice is the crux of their problem. Had they held the lots, his non-payment would not be as big an issue. Mastro and those consignors could simply decide to sell to the underbidders, or re-auction at a later date. They no longer have that choice.

Instead, Mastro ended up with no payment, no merchandise, and no options.

Forman may end up being involved in a lawsuit with Legendary (if they decide to serve him with the suit) but Mastro's, and now Legendary's, problems go much deeper.