View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Pup6913

Default The Big Train Crossed the Tracks

As some or maybe all of you know I picked up a GAI 8 Walter Johnson about a month ago. After much waiting and a long flight from KC to Phili., then a 1 1/2 hr drive north I made it to SGC headquarters. After about an hr of sweating my off Mike G. came out to give me the news. He smiled and said "you are lucky because alot of high grade from them doesn't cross well. With that being said I have good news for you. It crossed as a 84 (7 NM) and the bad news is it has a diamond cut keeping it from being higher. So I ended up with the second highest grade T205 Johnson out there. The other is 1/2 pt. higher and as I am sure if not for the cut this thing would have made 8 easy.

So thats the GREAT news

Now the question is I have spoke with several auction houses (as well as Leon) about this card. Do any of you tend to see houses bringing higher realized prices than others. Please no Mast...... Legendary auctions as I want to be paid some time before the resurection. All have guarenteed top seats and great coverage. But as a seller who do I go with. This is just an opinion poll as I will make the final descision but most of you use these houses regulary.

Thanks to all for the input.

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg johnson 5.jpg (75.8 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg johnson 6.jpg (76.2 KB, 365 views)