View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
Just thought I'd share this recent transaction in case anyone else might find themselves in the same boat. Bing Cashback used to be Microsoft Cashback (which worked very well). They offer discounts on cards bought on ebay using the BIN and Paypal to pay. You go to their website, type in baeball cards and you can find that ebay is one of the places you can get a discount on your purchases, "cash back."
I recently purchased a nice 61 Mantle (SGC 80 or 84 I forget which) by doing all the above but it didn't show up on my cash back page with Bing. I contacted them and to make a long story short, did not receive the discount. I contacted them and my final email stated that ebay told them (supposedly) that the card wasn't eligible despite the fact I followed all the rules and and there was an icon at the top of the ebay webpage saying I was eligible for 10% off. I know it's not a fortune to have lost but there is a principle involved. Bing told me they asked ebay for the reason but ebay failed to provide a reason, just said no. (Imagine that )
Anyway I wanted to let fellow collectors know.
I've only used Bing for one transaction, but it worked; was your purchase a straight BIN or was it a Best Offer? I know it doesn't work on Best Offers...