View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Hi Leon,

My name is Mike Ortega and my Net54Baseball name is sfmays24, I have read the message posted concerning me as well as more from the same PSA Forum members who seem to have nothing else to do but cause trouble (justmike & lsutigers1973).

First of all, the other member you mentioned mays-24 (Bob) is not me and has nothing to do with this mess (this is just another example of the reckless and baseless accusations by some of the PSA members).

I have been a member of N54 for a few years and have never had a problem with any members (buying, selling, or trading). I have also been a members of the PSA Forums for some 7 years or so and have never had any problems until a few weeks ago.

Here's a brief recap... I purchased a large '70's Baseball (Topps & 1977 OPC) starter set lot 3-4 years ago from a PSA member and decided to re-collect 1974-82 Topps Baseball sets with my two boys. These are raw mid-grade sets and I purchased, traded and received some free cards over the years on the PSA and N54 boards.

Well, a few weeks ago two members lead by the biggest loudmouth bully over there (Bill) lsutigers1973 started posting replies to my threads (and PM everyone) stating I didn't have any kids and it was all a scam to get free cards. Well, I do indeed have kids that I collect with and there was no scam. In fact most (80% of what I obtain was via trades or purchases) and I never had any transaction with lsutigers1973 because I was already aware what a hate monger he was, a person who enjoys spreading rumors and lies.

So, I decided to post a message showing my kids with our modest collection and that such lies are from cowards who hide behind their computer screens... that just lead Bill and his lynch mob to make new accusations... that I am using my kids to get free cards, that I never send cards I suppose to, that I receive cards and claim that they never arrived, ect... I gave up as I realized it was pointless to answer to these bullys, that they would make up new lies and try to influence some members who think it's okay to join in on the fun (stone throwing).

For the most part, I didn't care... but when I start reading the out and out lies and more outrageous accusation I decided to make an offer to all... that anyone is welcome to visit me and my family and view our collection and contact me if they have any gripe at all... well, no one did. However, Bill (lsutiger1973) seems to have nothing better to do than spread his hate. The moderator locked the thread, but Bill just got his friend to start a new one a few days ago and made more accusations... each time the story get "bigger."

The only real problem I had was one that occurred last year... I sent $25 plus a $25 cards for some cards we needed to another member. Cards never arrived and the USPS DC indicated the cards were delivered at 10am on a Saturday... well, I was home all day and mowing my lawn when my mail was delivered in the afternoon as always-no package ever arrived. I lost out on the cards, $25 and my $25 card... I never asked the sender for replacement cards or a refund (nor did he ever make such an offer).

However, this member decided to tell Bill about it and he has used this as an example over and over again, as well as stating that this happened many times. This is not true, but he and the other members are not interested in what happened... they prefer to entertain themselves by tossing stones and alike.

Currently on N54, I have a post offering 2009 UD Goudey cards for trade (I purchased a starter set from a PSA member)... I have a list of my wants and one with my dupes, anyone interested in trading may contact me and if they prefer I would be more than happy to send my part of any trade first.

I am no longer interested in the PSA Message Forum based on the child like behavior and those who are so easily swayed by rumor and lies... don't these folks have a mind of their own, why do they not asked for proof (not hearsay), why don't they contact me, do they think they are not going to be attacked in the future by the same group of bullys if they join in on the witch hunt?

I apologize that you had to take time for this and I will follow any suggestion you have, including not posting or using the N54 boards again.

Mike Ortega