View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Phillies Win!

Interesting posts above, and while I'm way too elated to bring the noize, (hatin' me some Yankees)...I have to say that the Phillies are not ones to be taken lightly.

They never lose their cool even if they get behind and have the best approach at the plate of any team in baseball. Their pitching is every bit as good as the Yankees too. Only Pettite and Rivera have ever won the title with the Yankees...count the rings on the Phillies staff!

So, a few comments... To the Poster who predicted sweep for Yankees: Please edit to say Yankees in at least 5 games. Accuracy counts!

To the poster who compared position by position: although you made a couple errors on who plays where, the biggest problem with that post is that the first basemen don't face each other, nor does any other position player face each other. It's a non-relevant comparison. Try batting lineup against the opposing pitchers, and you might be on to something.

To the numerous posts about payroll : Once the players step onto the field, I doubt anyone is thinking about their paychecks. Even the owners who pay these ridiculous salaries don't calculate payroll in the middle of a bases-loaded situation. Talking about how much money a team spent doesn't get you anywhere. These guys are all rich...but someone still has to lose. All you have to do is look at how many players have big contracts on teams other than the Yankees or Phillies...Does anyone think that if LA gave Manny 30 million instead of 20 million that they would be fighting for the World Series championship? Of course that would'nt matter a bit.

Phillie baseball. I love it!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.