View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrownsElbow View Post
I'm just a long time lurker but I voted no. My reason is that anytime over the last 12 years or so that I've been active on the internet that I've seen a good topic-specific message board like this one start to go down that off-topic path, it ends up tearing the board apart. People can be very intense about their sports and politics. There are plenty of message boards for that stuff, and I think that the current system of only having the occasional off-topic thread here on the main board is a good way to keep the sports/political emotions in check.

Even though I only lurk, I love this message board and would hate to see it go downhill.
Thanks much for chiming in. It is this kind of feedback I need/want to hear. I will keep it in mind as we wade through the decision making process. The good thing about this site is we can be flexible and make changes...then if it doesn't work out, we can revert back to what it was before. I like having seperate sections to keep mostly on topic on the main board......Thanks again for the good feedback!!