View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Default Do you think Darren Daulton was happy with Coach's?

I, as well as many, enjoy the topic of Coach's, but looking over the prices for the last Coach's Corner Sports Auction, do you think Darren Daulton is pleased?

I'm not a ring guy and a quick search shows that Canseco got $40,000 for his and Dykstra just got $56,000 for his. I was not able to locate any of the more common players, but the Daulton WS ring brought $11,025 and he hand delivers it to you!

His other items didn't necessarily bring all that much, but it was like he simply emptied out his garage. $400 for a Game Used Tour Of Japan seems cheap. After all, it seems like players are doing more of this late and most (Flood, Gibson, Brock...) appear to a little research ahead of time.

I can't resist to chuckle at other prices like $183 for signed Lou Gehrig pants and $236 for that Bonnie and Clyde signed piece. After seeing a STAT Authenticated Madonna and Alex Rodriguez ball that sold for a whopping $70, will their next auction include items signed Mr. and Mrs. Tiger Woods? Baseballs? Golfballs? We'll see in a few days...

Regards,

Larry