View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Glyn Parson

Default Ted's close

Ted's recollection is close. I worked for Levi at the time so I know exactly what happend. The binder with the real Doyle was sold by Esposito to Levi and it did not walk into the show it walked into Czuba's store when Rosen was set up there on a buying trip. So Esposito Czuba and Rosen all missed the Doyle along with Jimmy who looked through the binder before Levi purchased it. Levi also had no idea the card was in the binder when he bought it. Jimmy realized it was the Doyle error while he was walking around, after having passed on the deal. He raced back to Joe's table only to be told Levi had already purchased the binder. Levi had given me the binder to put in the back while he conitnued shopping the floor. Jimmy came racing over looked thru the binder pulled the card and waited for Levi to return to tell him of his good luck. Rosen would not have flipped anything to Levi at the time as they where not on speaking terms. Levi, to his credit, attempted to give Joe more money but Joe flat out refused, telling Levi he made the deal and would not take another dime from him. I had never heard the part about Dan selling the guy cards who sold Rosen the Doyle. I guess Dan's comments clear Rosen of the rumors he had the second Doyle made to try and discredit the real one Levi had and that he flipped for pennies.

PS Alan the answer is no Rosen no longer has a table.

Last edited by glynparson; 12-09-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added PS.