View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM

I’m a forty-two year old patent attorney living in Boulder, Colorado with my beautiful wife, sports crazy son (11) and outgoing daughter (8). I spent the better part of my first four decades in southern California and have engineering and law degrees from USC. My wife insisted that the entire family become good skiers after we moved to Colorado and everyone has except me. I am hoping to change that this winter. I am also the coach of my son’s 0-8 basketball team. Enough said about that.

I started buying Topps baseball in earnest in 1977 and really got the collecting bug when a card store opened in my hometown in 1981. I proceeded to squander most of my limited collecting budget on recent junk (anyone need a dozen Will Clark rookies?), but managed to pick up a nice T206 Lajoie (Portrait) at the 1986 National that is still with me. I dropped the hobby cold in the late ‘80s to focus on school and develop some semblance of a social life, but picked it back up again in 2003 by accident when I searched eBay on a whim for “T206” then bid on and won a copy of Hoffman (St. Louis) for about twenty bucks.

You could say I got hooked after that. I catalogued almost all completed T206 auctions on eBay over the next three years and wrote a treatise on the set. I stumbled across this fine site while doing that research and still troll around here every once in a while.

I am slowly stitching together a T206 set in PSA 5 and am a little over 40% complete. I also am trying to get one vg-ex or better copy of every Hall of Famer (insofar as possible) and dabble in T207 and M101-4.

Thanks to Leon for all he does to keep the Net54 community strong.

Scot Reader