View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

You'll probably loose, but yeah, forward all the emails to Paypal. That's about the only chance you'll have. Once it's all over, I'd block the buyer.

I sell mostly bicycle parts on Ebay, getting back into cards this year but I've sold a lot of mostly cheap cards in the past.

Most "problems" come from new buyers that have no realistic idea of how long something really takes to get from one place to another. (For me, the rest have come from sellers trying to be too big and getting slow and sloppy as a result) So far the record was 12 hours after buying a card to ask why it hadn't arrived yet. -purchased at 10 pm, whined about at 10 AM! Turned out they asked about the wrong purchase.

Getting the tracking on a US package is cheap through Paypal shipping, only about 18 cents as opposed to 80 over the counter. But you can only do first class packages, and they must be over 3/4 inch thick or the PO may reject it. A properly packed card in a bubble envelope gets thick enough pretty easily. The other benefit is that you can just hand the package to the postman, or if the post office you use is friendly, you can just leave them to one side of the counter and tell them the packages are all ready. I usually wait in line at the branch I go to, just to avoid aggravating people, but the clerks have told me I can just leave the packages without waiting.

Steve