View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 03:04 PM

I was curious what these actually looked like in person so tried to get some clarification as to whether they actually look like cabinet cards, i.e. photos pasted to a board or are just a photo of the cards mounted to thick stock. My big concern is running into these, or similar photos, down the road as it is hard to tell what these look like from an ebay picture and you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell they are fake (at least some of them) until they are in your hands (or the fact that I could afford most of them ) Didn't get an answer to the question but here is the response.

Well I was given them by my grandma after my grandpa had passed this last year. He had maybe over 5,000 old photos he collected over the years. I have taken them to flea markets and various outlets. People have told me they thought they were reprints but they weren't 100%. Other than that I'm not for sure as I don't know a lot about old photos, or photos in general for that matter. I also state it because I don't want to get into any kind of trouble with eBay. As I really just don't know for sure. I hope that helps out some. - Samantha. ;o)