View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
David McDonald

Default Is there an official eBay/Paypal policy?

I know that this topic has been dealt with before but I couldn't figure out how too search for it. I won an eBay auction this morning and received an e-mail from the seller (portion appended below). He states: "If you do not want Insurance, you as Buyer assume all risk for safe delivery." My understanding is, if the card does not arrive or arrives damaged, that Paypal will reimburse me regardless of whether insurance is purchased or not. I propose to e-mail the seller as a "courtesy" but to state that I am not assuming any risk. My question to you is: Is there anything official in eBay or Paypal policy which is contravened by the seller's game? It's only a few bucks but it feels kinda slimy.

Congratulations on being the winning bidder in my just concluded eBay auction on the 1939-46 Exhibits Ted Williams PSA 5. Per the Terms of the auction, payment by PayPal only is due within three (3) days. Please forward your payment of either $228.00 ($225.00 + $3.00 = $228.00); or, $232.70 ($225.00 + $3.00 + $4.70 = $232.70) if you want Insurance (at straight USPS rates). If you do not want Insurance, you as Buyer assume all risk for safe delivery. The courtesy of a return email acknowledging the above is most appreciated. Thank you again for bidding in my auction.