View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Just to clarify, I agree with Ben for the most part. There DOES need to be some standard in palce to protect people from buying photos made 10-20 years after the fact as originals. I also understand grading and certifying of rare photos as well to protect investments. I just think the standard that is being used (Type 1-3 scale) is not very good and something better could be implemented. I would just call them vintage or not vintage and then have Wire Photos be a category all alone. A vintage photo could be certified as one that was produced by the original photographer on the same type of paper/products as the original and one that is not vintage will be one where the photo was made either 10 years later or on different photo type or quality as the original, or something like that. In the long run, the only thing that already seperates these categories is a paper caption which could have been added years later to an older photo (seen it all the time) anyways.

In the long run most people buy what they like and dont get hung up on it. On the flip side, I have been able to get some GREAT Type 1 photos that were mistakenly described as Type 2's because of a file stamp done years after the photo was produced so I really cant complain.

Hopefully I did not offend anyone, I guess I am just too passionate about my beloved Sports Photos!

Rhys Yeakley