View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
As a strictly financial opinion, I think you got a good deal on the card. I would have expected the card in its current state to sell for more.
Thanks! So did I frankly and I expected this lot to close in the middle of the night, but maybe the negative stigma helped me get a great deal. I have complete faith in Legendary until I am shown otherwise, and maybe this card can be flipped on the near future for a nice profit, but I'll probably talk myself out of that!

Upon further reading of the current Wagner, still labeled "Altered" even though the restoration was undone....I find that the restoration may not have been completely reversible as the listing does say:

"Under close examination, this Wagner still shows vestiges of inpainting, particularly in the area of a single heavy crease that lies in the top-right quadrant of the illustration’s orange background."

I'm guess since they couldn't reverse the inpainting, it has to stay "authentic" instead of getting a grade, which means my Plank is likely to stay "Authentic" no matter what. If that's the case, he's going to stay the way he is.

Last edited by JP; 03-03-2010 at 12:02 AM.