View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Default 1968 Topps test team card and patches

Hi All,

I came across your thread here and I thought you might enjoy this story. When I was a kid, my Dad and I and friends use to go shooting up at a dump in Scranton (that was our fun). During one of these times we came across cases of these football cards unopened. At the time I didn't know what there were and ended up taking a box or two home. Like many kids with cards, I played with them, gave some away used the stickers and destroyed others. Ok I was only 8 at the time. Recently I came across a pile that my Dad had saved (after all those years) after he passed away last year. Not being a collector it took a while to get them Identified but yes there were all from the 1968 Topps Test Team collection. There was a Topps plant in Duryea, PA and I am assuming that is where they came from. I have over 140 team cards, some team patches, and there were also stickers/patches that had letters or numbers on them. Since I am not a collector, I have an interest in selling them but at a fair price. I had some graded by SGA and for the most part they are all in really nice condition. Unfortunately I did not have any wrappers or boxes. Just thought you might enjoy the story. Too bad I didn't know the value or collect cards as a kid.
Contact me if interested.