View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default buyer, seller, flipper, auctioneer, Collector

Great question. I have given the idea of "how" to sell ones collection when that time comes, with myself in mind. Quite the narcissist, huh? I would love to think that there was someone that is as passionate as I have been about putting my collection together as I have, with the MEANS and with the INCLINATION to buy it intact. I doubt that is the case though....

If you are selling it and it isn't some kind of rare complete set, or pieces that uniquely go with others, then most likely breaking it down will maximize your profits. We have discussed this quite a bit on the board before and I don't think much has changed. I think trying to sell it as one whole collection, unless there is an extraordinary reason to keep it together, will lessen your profits.

Since you have been lurking these, and I presume other boards recently, then you already have most of the information needed to make the best decision on where and how to sell it. You pretty much know all of the venues; personally, B/S/T, Ebay, Premium Auction venue, other auction venue, newspaper etc... Take your time and Good luck.

Last edited by Leon; 03-21-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: clarification