View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ease View Post
Though it is wrong for the seller not to include a pic of the back, it's totally buyer beware on anything in life. The card is clearly listed as good or better, and it's up to the buyer to be informed on different co.'s grading scales. I know everybody wants full honesty, etc., and so do I, but to blame the seller or beckett totally is out of line, imo the buyer takes the majority of the fault.
You started your post by finding fault with the seller then ended by saying blaming the seller is out of line. In this particular transaction, there is plenty of blame to go around - Beckett for setting up the system, the seller for taking advantage of it and the buyer for dropping $8k on a card and not bothering to look at the back.

To your point that the card is clearly listed as good or better, it's also listed (in large font) as a "6." In every other grading system and even Beckett's normal system, 6 means EX-NM. Proving the point is that clearly the buyer didn't notice the grade description and just bought based on it being a "6." Again, plenty of blame to go around on this one.