View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:26 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Leon,

I hear what you're saying, but to me I feel by them filling that niche for HSN, target, wallmart etc...; they are targeting uniformed collectors and kids. To me it's nothing more than a scam. I understand that people need to educate themselves more on what they're buying. But I'm sure kids and young teens see those HSN deals with the 1994 classic Jeter cream of the crop inserts (which i have handfuls of and they claim to be Rookies), graded Mint10. These are $1-$2 dollar cards that they slab and then sell in these "deals" on HSN, Walmart, etc.... for maybe an average of $10-20 a card.

Then they'll slab somehat older cards like maybe a 1991 ish North Carolina Michael Jordan Coca-Cola card? (I forget who made it). They then tout it as a pre- rookie, or college card or whatever and slab it. Maybe it gets slabbed an 8 or 9 so people think they're getting a high grade and valuable card when they're not. They're just getting a somewhat off- condition card that had no real value to begin with.

I know I'm rambling a bit here, but I just hate the whole concept. I think it caters to the uninformed and to con-men looking to make a flip like the one above. Also, if you just want to know you have an unaltered, real card, then why not use the regular service to authenticate only instead of getting a number grade on it with BCCG?

Last edited by yanksfan09; 03-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.