View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Default Yale Scrapbook

As I was going through the scrapbook I posted yesterday, I noticed one sort of neat thing for N302 Mayo Collectors. Several of the Mayo Yale players appear in the scrapbook on a 1894 Junior Promenade booklet. Both George Adee and Frank Butterworth (who were both in the Mayo set and College All Americans in 1894) were listed on the invitation card as being on the Promenade Committee. Also on the same page is a little booklet, that has lists of names of different male students that I am assuming the Scrapbook owner danced with. The names include Adee, and Butterworth again, as well as Phillip Stillman (also in the Mayo set and an all american). At first I thought they has all signed the booklet, but I think it is all done in the same hand (the owners) Several of the names in the dance booklet corresponded with the owner, and the scrapbook includes signed invitation acceptances from some of them, but I haven't located any signatures of any of the football players yet. The scrapbook is really packed, and it has been pretty neat to dig through it.

There are a couple of ticket stubs that I would like to remove from the scrapbook eventually, but am not sure what the best way to attempt to try this, other than trying to slowly and carefully pull them off. I am guessing that soaking would be a very bad idea, correct?