View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Thanks for all of the comments. Someone asked for the link, so now I have to expose myself as a naive credulous collector who buys cards both modern and cheap - the punishment never ends. Here is the address

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Of course, now that I know the end result, the ONLY thing I see when I open the listing is that (oc) in the picture, but since this is not a rare card and not in premium condition, I just didn't notice it - what can I say other than lesson learned. I decided I wanted a PSA-6 or 7 example and have bid on quite a few, just waiting until I get one that isn't bid too high (May's cards seem to be going for abut half of the price listed in the Beckett Graded Card Investor, which would put my target at around $100). To address another comment, the bids were not particularly low for this card - I doubt anyone else noticed the (oc) either.

On a side note, since someone mentioned BCCG, the seller tried to explain that I got a great deal, by say that "I've researched this card and you couldn't buy one for less even a lower grade (5) good-very good and all are either off center or they are faded and have poor corners."