View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I would offer about 200.00 and then move on. The personalization kills the auto unless your name is Eric, you are a lawyer and you are a born again Christian and just have to have the John 4:16 stuff on it.

As a man named Fudd, and a 1/2 Jew consultant, I wouldn't give him 5$ for it.. I'd keep waiting it out until this seller takes a reality pill and drops his price by MORE than Half. These overpriced Buy it Nows with best offer have been ruining E-bay for 2 years now. You could win that in an auction for less than 100.00 IMHO.
I contacted the seller about an offer (almost 1/2 of the BIN), and he said he would take it.

It is probably one of the rarest autographs of Pete because of his untimely death just after the release of the book.

I am torn between this book and another very rare (1 of a kind) Pete item. The other item is here in Baton Rouge and owned by a judge. He has told me it is mine when ever I come up with the money and trade of an item I have that he wants. He wants $1000 (or $700 and the trade).

As for the reality pill you speak of, even at $999, the book is a good buy (not great). I have seen check cut auto's of Pete from UD sell around $700-$800.

I just saw a SI with Pete on the cover signed by him sell for $900 (no COA, but the seller stands behind the item).

Pee Maravich autographs are a high dollar item. We are talking the GREATEST college basketball player ever!!!

And as for being a lawyer, I think Pete was referring to a basketball court, not a court of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Good authenticity, pretty scarce item, your collecting focus. Long as you have the financial means, BUY IT
I do have the means right now to get one of these items. I sold a rare jersey in anticipation of buying a rare signed ball, and that fell through, so I got $700+ burning a hole in my pocket.

Last edited by theantiquetiger; 04-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.