View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
And that seller of the Dimaggio-Mantle picture only gives the buyer a 7 day return policy. How does a buyer find out that the autograph is bogus in 7 days?
I have seen numerous Mantle-Dimaggio-Williams pictures on ebay with a COA from GAI. In my opinion I have rarely agreed with GAI on those pictures.
BTW - The autograph dealers I know and trust all give lifetime guarantees of authenticity and do NOT use or need any third party authenticators.
I am talking about Jim Stinson, Rich Albersheim, Ron Gordon, Bill Corcoran, Kevin Keating and for auction houses Lelands knows good autographs from bad (I think Lelands guarantee is 3 years).
--
And you are one of the most respected other than JSA/PSA, they are only bigger than you and not necessarily better. That works to their disadvantage and they probably make more common mistakes, because its your a on the line. I'd like to see just 1 current Mantle photo with a GAI global that you would consider legitimate, because I have found 1 in 6 months, albeit I am only a "practicing collector". Thanks for chiming in Richard on this we appreciate it.