View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Dan McCarthy

Of course I agree it's completely the seller's prerogative to leave a price up, and wouldn't expect someone to go back and edit in a negotiated price. It's easy to know the value of common things like T205s and T206s, but when it comes to a rarer issue it's sometimes hard to get any bearing on what to buy or sell one for. Even if there's an example or two on eBay it's probably going to be with a ridiculous buy it now, and it's impossible to know if the seller marked it up 20% or 2000%.

For example, a couple of Steven's Firearms and a Baguer's Chocolate are on the B/S/T right now... if I happen across something from one of those sets a year from now I'm not going to have any idea if a reasonable price is $30 or $300 or $3000.

I don't at all mind removing prices for privacy's sake, but thought people might be editing them out in order to avoid confusion -- I would think a "SOLD" does the trick even if a price is still present -- and just wanted to point out that leaving them in would be helpful!