View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Kevin S.

Quote:
As for the auction, I'm not saying that it wasn't legit. I'm also not saying that if it wasn't legit that Goodwin was at fault. I just would say that the price was a joke because a) it has no gloss (which to me is a problem, not a positive); the bleeding issue is weird; c) the left corner issue is weird; d) the registration of the card is weird. I'm no expert on Cobb/Cobb but these issues are troubling and I've never seen issues b) and c) on any Cobb/Cobb before. These are red flags to me and surely should not cause the price of the card to triple in value. The card very well may be real but, again, the red flags are troubling
Exactly!

The large scan just raises more question in my mind; such as why do the corners (other than the paper loss) on the front and back seem whiter than the card and why all the stray fibers? Could be my eyes but when the super-large scan is enlarged even more it becomes evident...IMO.

Guess these are questions I would ask or at least throw out before I spent over $100K (or less) on a card. Perhaps the buyer did just that, I don't know. Like Leon said, second or even third opinions. I think for $100K I would fly down with someone to look at it....but that's just me.

Yes, the card may very well be real and I know very little about the Cobb/Cobb but there appears to be red flags when compared to others. At least enough to be discussed....again, just my opinion.