Thread: JSA auto guys,
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
there is no such thing as a black jsa sticker. I don't know what you are talking about. If the auto is expensive, it is the choice of the owner to put the sticker on the item or on the Letter of Authenticity, if there is one. They have a number on them and you can look them up on their website. The same numbered white sticker is used for their regular service that comes with a matching certificate card. The next type is a jsa "stamp of approval" that has no number and is for flats. it's for less expensive items. the worst type in my opinion are these Lot letters of authenticity, which PSA has stopped using. JSA is one of only two legitimate third party authenticators and from my experience do a real good job. They are prone to stupid mistakes but at least they are not in the "crook" status like Global GAi or whatever they want to call themselves today.

http://www.spenceloa.com/index.asp
perhaps, I didn't clarify myself properly, JSA has a white sticker w/ a black Spence logo (his signature is in black) that is a "stamp of approval" that has no number for flats like you said. These are usually for more inexpensive items. There is a another JSA white sticker w/ a red logo (his signature is in red) w/ a cert # on the sticker, plus it's accompanied by a full letter or a card. Only this kind can be looked up on their website.

I agree PSA and JSA are the best 3rd party authenticators. Global or GAI are total trash and have at least 100 fake Mickey Mantle items up on eBay. It is a real disappointment that eBay still lists them as a legitimate authenticator.

Regards,
Anthony

Last edited by 3and2; 05-01-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: more info