View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Default 20th Anniversary Present- lineup card from our first date follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I love this March pickup! My wife and I went on our very 1st date on August 18, 1989. Even though I'm originally from So Cal, I met my wife in the midwest. When we first got to know each other, it turned out that we both had a great love of baseball. Knowing that she was a die-hard Tigers fan, I thought that flying out to take her to a Tigers game was a great way to begin things when I first asked her out. On August 18th the home town Tigers stomped the visiting Yanks, and needless to say we had a great time. My biggest regret was that I never saved the tickets to this game. For years I have been searching for a replacement ticket stub. Through pure seredipity I stumbled on to the actual Tigers dugout card to this game (in HOF Sparky Anderson's hand) about a week ago. The cost- $17 delivered; the value-priceless! I plan on framing this with a plaque that is inscribed "Baby, this is where it all began..." I will be on giving this to her as one of her presents for our 20th wedding anniversary in May of this year.
Corny, but I love it!
Following up on my post from awhile back re: finding the actual managers lineup card to the first date with my wife 21 years ago. A few of you posted some very nice compliments about my post and asked that I follow up once I had given it to my wife for our 20th anniversary.

We celebrated our anniversary last Saturday at the restaurant that we went to on next date after the Tigers game that I previously told you about. We had a great 3 hour dinner together and it was an exceptional night out to always be remembered.

The lineup card that I previously showed was incorporated into a natural cherry wood framed piece with wedding photos, a business card from the restaurant where we went on our second date together (and also where we celebrated our 20th anniversary) as well as a sentimental inscription. She loved it!!
I've included some pictures of the final product for those of you that care to look.
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20th Anniversary framed piece.jpg (69.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 20th anniversary photos.jpg (64.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 20th Anniversary message.jpg (60.2 KB, 122 views)