View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Dave

Default What's your favorite junk wax?

Lately I've been reminiscing about my childhood collecting days. I was always a bit of an oddball myself so I was more attracted to the oddball baseball card releases when they found their way to my local convenience store or card shop. Never thought I'd revisit those days, but recently I've found myself drawn back to the early 80's and often catch myself scanning the bargain blowouts at Krukcards for an inordinate amount of time. Can't believe how cheap some of this stuff still is (or became), so I decided to have a little fun and pick up a bunch of bulk on the cheap.

This is my absolute favorite. Reminds me a bit of the '77 Topps Cloth stickers which is another oddball favorite of mine from the 70's.

1981 Fleer Star Stickers. I remember being blown away by them as a kid. Full size card stickers, not those stupid team stickers or tiny Topps stickers. Thick stock, more attractive and far harder to find then the regular Fleer cards.........at least in my area anyways. Absolutely loaded with stars (and they came with gum). I had them plastered all over my walls and mirror. Boy, did my mom hate that.

Decided to pick up a few boxes, just for the hell of it. Can't believe these are nearly 30 years old now.

Another favorite of mine was the Giant Donruss Action All-Stars. What's not to like about them? Attractive, giant photo cards WITH Stats on the back, and came with a decent amount of them per pack. Also, as the box states, the unbelievably rare Mickey "Mantel" puzzle pieces.

Anybody else have any favorite Junk Wax?