View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

there is a slim chance that the player sliding in the picture has the same cheekbones structure and chin as Jackson does when relaxed. Look at the lines that run from his nose down the sides of his face to his chin. Jackson also had a sunken area under one of his eyes that to me makes it impossible for that face on the card to be him. Even if he was gritting his teeth while bearing down on the bag his face would not look as aged and old as it does in the T202 pic. The ears do not match up either, at least not the way I see them, so I don't know why that is still being argued. The player that is sliding is not Jackson, but is someone who could have looked similar in uniform and was older than he was ( my opinion). The white "sock" or wrap may have been a support for an injury, but I was also told last night that it could have been worn by the team captains or used in that manner. Can you see his left leg through the dirt....I can't tell, but it doen't really look like all dirt there. I think you can see some of his left leg and shin perhaps. Every player slides almost the same if they are going in feet first anyway, so for Brett to say that it is a "Jackson" slide is not right either. I slide that way playing softball , and I'm sure a lot of other guys know what I'm talking about. you put your target leg out, tuck your other leg under and trail one hand behind you. It's the way sliding is taught to 6 year olds. I think the fact that some on this board now want it to be Jackson so bad that they are not willing to "see" anything different.