View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Vcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHarmonica View Post
I think for many of us a major purchase is any card $500.00 or more, and if you look at the hobby in a class of lower-middle or upper class anything over $1000.00 is very major. Look at Quans E93 Cobb as an example, how has that not sold yet ? We'll it's probably not a high enough grade for the upperclass collection and is a major purchase for the lower to middle class and if the funds are not available ( I sure with they were !! ) it takes time for someone to get the cash ready . So I think for many it's not only being cautious it's just limited funds and a major purchase only can happen if you save up, or sell a bunch of cards and those are never easy options for most !
I also think VCP has something to do with the sale of cards when they show up on it. It's easy to go see where that E93 Cobby sold last time and the price it got. I think Quan's price is fair but the history of it makes it a bit more difficult to resell. That being said, I do like VCP, but when I buy something for a great price and it shows up there....it's harder to then get what a real market price is for it. Also, I know some will say...well, if you bought it then that is the market price, but I don't think that is always true. How many of us try to buy, and do buy, things that fall through the cracks? I think the environment for selling is a bit tougher right now...and the instant information we have at our fingertips is also a two edged sword.

Last edited by Leon; 05-25-2010 at 12:11 PM.