View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Paul

Default 1890s

Hey Hey- Just wanted to reply with what little info I do know & other info needed. The gloves pictured are early crescent heeled from the 1890s. The uniforms are also from the same era, with that type of pointed ended collars.
Please give any and all info on this photo. Like is it a reproduction, from later than the 1890s? Is it mounted on a piece of heavy cardboard mounting? and if so what does the cardboard coloring, edging, look like? Is there anything stamped on the cardboard mount, liker a photographers name, and the city he was from? This looks like they cropped off the bottom of the photo so you can't see the bats and mask? The original photo would be an albumen print, with brownish coloring. What does the back of the mount look like, and what (if any) writing on it? I would recommend trying to look through spalding guides from the 1890s to see if the team is in there, though most were larger teams in minor and major leagues. Or try reaching the baseball hall of fame research library? but I am not sure what or how much they do? Please post much more detailled info. Thanks

Last edited by olsport; 06-07-2010 at 06:24 PM.