View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I disagree....

I'm sure there are other issues that are not intrinsic to the cards themselves that affect the outcomes in a specific auction but I can't think of them right now. My point is that the card 'market' is far less 'perfect' than even the stock market and I think it is a mistake to read too much into one auction result taken out of context.
You've made a point about a single price being taken out of context and responded to my statement out of context. I agree with everything you just wrote; it just isn't in response to my post.

The point above is that the seller chose his auction house, and this is the most two people were going to pay at this time, at this auction house. For the market the seller chose, this is the market value. No doubt the seller might get more for it some other way.

Edited to add - I actually disagree with one point you made above - if you or other bidders are tapped out from other purchases and therefore don't have the cash to bid on an item, then that is part of current market value for the item; it might bring more 2 months from now when you recoup, but right now, that's market.

Last edited by Matt; 06-11-2010 at 08:50 AM.