View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by forazzurri2axz View Post

...REA offered to take the set back...

...take $100.00 OUT OF MY OWN POCKET in addition to the $1500.00 and you return the PSA 8...

...I would told I was making him upset with my comments ( as if I shouldn’t have been upset by their penny-pinching?????) , that Rob had to get back to work and that he would write me out his own personal check for $300.00...

Follow-up---I did receive the $1800 after returning the PSA 8 and the person pointed out that the PSA 9 Miranda I sent in the 9 card transaction ($1250.00) was really an 8!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed that REA sent me another PSA 8 instead of a PSA 9----one of the lowest pop PSA 9’s in the entire set missing as well. And no, I am not going back to REA about this
I appreciate that you are disappointed but I think you are out of line here:

--REA made a mistake--clearly should have checked the cards not just the registry. However, people make mistakes. You caught the mistake.

--REA offered to rescind the transaction and make you whole. You said no.

--They offered you SMR for the 8. You said no.

--They offered you $100 over SMR for the 8. You got mad.

--You got $300 over SMR. You stayed mad but took it.

--You found another error. You won't go back to them with it.

I don't see where REA is in the wrong. You could have unwound the entire sale if you'd wanted and come out exactly where you were before. I don't think any seller or auctioneer has any obligation to do more than refund your purchase price if you did not receive what you agreed to buy.

I'd also note that your sale figures are pre-Great Recession and as we've been discussing on other threads prices have dropped since then.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...