View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Default Rob lifson--your omissions and misrepresentations==lies

Leon--I realize I responded to rob in the other thread but feel this is egregious enough to warrant a new post/thread please
__________________________________________________ ________________

In addition, Mr. Latzko did not mention that he paid for his $63,751 invoice with an unreasonable number of small denomination bank checks purchased with cash over a two week period which were a burden for us to even deposit. One or two or even three checks for whatever reason is fine for payment of any invoice (99%+ pay with one check), but this set a record. This was crazy. In addition, Mr. Latzko has failed to mention that he paid his auction invoice late - and without prearranged terms to do so - and that we did not give him a hard time about this and we waived his late payment fees.

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

Robert Edward Auctions, LLC
__________________________________________________ _____________
__________________________________________________ _____________

Dear Rob,

It is one thing to make a mistake in your auction--which your consignor and you BOTH did.
It's one thing to haggle with a customer who spent $60,000 over a few hundred dollars to fix YOUR mistakes--which you did

But it's quite another to come on the NET 54 forum and blatantly LIE and MISREPRESENT what happened--which you are doing

FACTS: I called you right after the auction Rob, explained that I had the $63,000+ IN CASH , preferred not to make a huge deposit in my checking account at one time and offered two ideas
1) I offered TO DRIVE FROM ATLANTA for 12/13 hours with the cash and asked if you could have someone drive 3 hrs to meet me since I couldn't physically do 15 hrs at a stretch. You thanked me for the offer, stated another "local" winning bidder had dropped off cash earlier that day but you only had 3 people and you couldn't "spare one for the day".which I understood

2) I then asked if I could--over a 2 week period-- do Money Orders for approx $5,000 each . YOU SAID YOU WERE FINE WITH THAT!!!! I mentioned I would send them Fed Ex and you GLADLY gave me your street address instead of the PO Box. You certainly didn't say that it was a BURDEN to deposit money orders, you didn't object to the two weeks, and I told you I'd probably send 50% in 1 week. YOU WERE FINE WITH THAT TOO!!! YOU EVEN KNEW ABOUT HOW MANY MONEY ORDERS I WOULD SEND AND THAT WAS OK WITH YOU AS WELL!!

3) I overnighted approx $32,000 a week later (8 money orders)---I followed up the next day to make sure you received it-----Y'all thanked me and I said I would send the balance FEDEX
within the next week.--which I did.(6/7 money orders for the $30,000 balance)

You can do all the $10,000,000 auctions you want, you can have the most beautiful catalogue and consignments in the hobby, and certainly be one of the leader's in the BB card hobby,which makes you perhaps somewhat "believable" to some people. But your misrepresentations of our conversations is despicable to say the least. Why is it all of a sudden a BURDEN to deposit a number of money orders which YOU WERE FINE WITH WHEN WE SPOKE?? Why is it all of a sudden late payment WHEN YOU WERE FINE WITH IT WHEN WE SPOKE??? You are correct that I didn't pre-arrange this but if it was a burden or an objection, you could have mentioned it then---Someone initially offering to drive 25 hours round trip to deliver in cash isn't an unreasonable person!!

I won't bother to address further the issue of compensation of the missing card---I'll repeat that for you to use a % of SMR to justify your attempt to short-change someone in your initial offers is nothing short of being an unethical (albeit rich) businessman.--and you sure as hell can't say that your INITIAL offers which you failed to address here were fair!!!

Peace