View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Default Newby questions...are my pins repros or not??

First off, hi there. I have read the rules and don't think I am breaking any of them...please forgive me if I am.

My name is Renee & I am trying to figure all of this stuff out. In the mid 80's, my dad started collecting old cards & memorabilia and took me with him. I think I was the only 10 year old girl at the shows! Anyhow, we lost most of our collection in one of those crazy California wildfires two years ago. We are now going through and selling a lot of what survived (we count each dollar as a yard of concrete for the foundation of the new house to be built) and don't know enough about the pins.

In '86 or so, a friend of my dad's gave him a tin full of pins when he wasn't able to pay back a loan. We never really looked through it but were assured everything was authentic. Now that I am trying to sell it on ebay, I need to know for sure as I don't want to cheat anyone. So, could anyone here tell me if these are real or not? Is there an easy way for me to figure it out on my own? I have searched the forums as well as googled it and I am still lost!

San Jose Red Sox Pins (I have quite a few) 1.25"

Milwaukee Braves Pin 1.75"

Houston Colts Pin 1.75"

Beat the Bucs Pin 1.25"

I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!
Renee