View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Howard Chernick

Default How Should Have SCP Handled This Situation?

Over the past 8 years, I have won cards at most of the major auctions. I have had never had any issues until I won a lot at SCP last month.

I won a shoebox lot of 80 vintage cards that cost me about $1500 including the auction house commission. I knew what I bid on and didn't expect that the cards would be in top condiiton. But I did not expect the following: I received my package with the cards wrapped in bubble wrap. When I undid the bubble wrap, the cards were thrown in a plastic bag with no protection. The cards were thrown all around in the bag. When I took the cards out of the bag, I found one card that was actually in 2 pieces split lenghtwise. In addition, there were a few small pieces of other strip cards laying in the bottom of the plastic bag. I then counted the cards and found that there were only 77 cards!

I sent off a nice email on 6/30 explaining the situation. Didn't get a response so I sent another email on on 7/1. I waited till yesterday, July 6 to see if they would respond. Again, no response. This time I called and was told that they would call back. Someone name Dan called me back.
He was very apologetic and offered a full refund if I send the cards back. I explained to him that I want to keep the lot because I already split the cards up and began selling some of them. I would have returned the lot if they got back to me in a timely matter. Since, a week has gone by and I didn't know whether I would hear from them I had no choice but to start selling the cards. He said that there is nothing else that they can do.

I am not asking for anything more than a replacement of what I was cheated out of. Three missing cards plus a worthless torn card. I am not eveing asking for a replacement for the few other cards that fell apart.

I want to know what some of you think SCP should have done in this situation. Don't forget to take in account that they never responded to my 2 emails.

I would be happy to supply scans of the damaged card and torn pieces.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard