View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Default A walk down memory lane

Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default "My relationship with JP Cohen and Memory Lane"----From Marshall Fogel.
Posted By: Marshall Fogel

I am posting this for my friend Marshall Fogel. I think Marshall is a little better with words than computers .

To JP
From Marshall Fogel

Dear JP
I now have a reason to publicly express my account of what I think of you.

I preface my opinion with what are the essentials to a valued business and personal relationship with another. Those values, important to me, are honesty, fairness directed towards others, compassion, and trust.

You have more then met my threshold requirments as to these values.

I have, for a rather long period of time, been aware of your troubles and your ultimate accountability due to your employment in telemarketing.

However, the mitigating factors are more than compelling. When you were 15 years old, your mother was in a healthy relationship with the man that you viewed as a mentor and from whom you sought guidance. Ultimately, you participated in his telemarketing business. Your youthfulness brought with you inexperience, unbridled enthusiasm, and a real sense of naivety. These are forces that contrast to the culpability of all the adults that comprised the inappropriate telemarketing decisions.

To that end, it is clear to me that you fit the ancient Greek philosophy--suffering brings wisdom. You never lost your values that I believe you always possessed. You were compromised by your youth, stupidity, and inexperience. Since your experience, I can attest that you have earnestly applied the wisdom and the maturity to enforce and to protect your always existing values that cement our relationship and your relationship with others.

It is with these thoughts that I am confident that I speak for so many collectors and dealers who have exhcanged millions of dollars of value with you, and who, as I do, also value your presence in the collectible industry and your friendship.

Sincerely,

Marshall

edited the "author" part above....this letter is from Marshall