View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Јąмεș ωąlĸεѓ

Default Please Help w/ T205 Backs

Greetings all,

I'm getting back into collecting vintage cards (been away for a few years) and would appreciate some help.

I've always been interested in the front/back combination for the various "T" sets. For my new endeavor, I have decided to collect Jim (James) Scott cards. He is one of a few players that is in the T205, T206, and T207 sets. Along with those sets, he is also in the M101-4 and M101-5 sets (with different card numbers). Not to mention he also played for the White Sox (my favorite team). So, as you can imagine there are plenty of front/back combinations for these cards.

From Scot Reader's Inside T206, I have a list of all the possible T206 backs, plus Ted Z's "T206 Confirmed Back" Net54 posts. Also from Old Cardboard, and Leon I have a list of all the possible M101-4 and M101-5 card backs. I can't remember from whom, but I have a list of all the possible T207 backs (thinking it was an article from Old Cardboard).

So, the only list I'm missing is the T205 possible backs. I remembering reading an article, or Net54 post, stating that not all backs are available for all T205's.

I found the list below of T205 backs, sorted by rarity (most difficult to easiest). Thoughts on this, is it fairly accurate, is there actually color versions of Broadleaf and American Beauty (do not remember those)?

1. Drum
2. Hindu
3. Broadleaf green
4. Broadleaf black
5. Piedmont Fact. 42
6. American Beauty black
7. American Beauty green
8. Cycle
9. Hassan Fact. 30
10. Sovereign
11. Honest Long Cut
12. Hassan Fact. 649
13. Sweet Cap. black fact. 42
14. Sweet Cap. black fact. 25
15. Sweet Cap. red
16. Polar Bear
17. Piedmont fact. 25

Any help with the T205 James Scott confirmed/possible back list would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ChiSoxFan