View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedduck View Post
Gorgeous cards everyone. I know a lot of people don't like to share how much they pay for their pick ups but I wish they would. Being still new to vintage I'm always trying to gauge how much I should be paying and what a good deal is.
I agree the inclusion of prices would be a helpful in determining current values, but I don't think many posts will include them.

One reason is to protect sellers who might be friends. If I know that a seller/dealer gave me a better price than what he was willing to do for other interested buyers, I don't want to throw him under the bus by making others aware of that fact.

Plus, and this reason is more of a factor, you're probably going to see a lot of these cards on the B/S/T within the next few months -- some possibly this week. Posting a price paid here would prevent the 400 percent profit some would hope to make. VintageCardPrices.com and eBay have dealt a blow to guys who flip with the hope of making 3x or 4x their money. They're not going to sabotage themselves.

If it helps, I paid $130 for the Matty and $200 for the Lajoie in my post above.

Last edited by Rob D.; 08-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.