View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Barry Arnold

Default type

I knew while i was taming the Monster that i would choose type collecting next because there were so many non-t206 cards along the way that i had to let pass(and didn't want to!) while being singleminded about the Monster.
Having the one set under my belt means alot to me(i still give them their time at least a couple times a week) and now being on the
Type Journey means a great deal to me as well.
I collect using the ACC and am choosing my favs from 1903-36. At first,
i thought i'd do it decade by decade and largely did this, trying to pick up at least one representative from each year. At first, i also thought that i might
focus on 1903-1910 since this was the era of my beloved T206s and thought i didn't really want the strips, photographs/black and whites from the 20's and 30's but boy was i wrong. Some of the strips were so unique that i couldn't pass them up and what great fun it has been to get those fun food/gum cards with talk of ice cream, Wheaties, Holsum bread,the Gargantuan player in the Delong stadium,etc. And i must add that along the way that i have added a touch of provenance to my types---
making sure to pick up a few Nagy,Lionel Carter candies along the way.
I think i'm around 135 or so different types now, behind Leon around 999,865
or so. But i've got time. And with type collecting,there sure ain't no hurry. And i still have some cig packs to find!!!
all the best,
barry

Last edited by ethicsprof; 08-17-2010 at 11:55 AM.