Thread: A Gross of T206
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Tony Ooten

I am currently at 63 hall of famers. Also have 12 non hofers left over from my lack-of-focus start last summer.

All lower grade.

I'm trying to hold back the reigns and apply the "it's a marathon not a sprint" suggestion. I did set a limit for myself at a certain percent of beckett value. So far so good on that, but I'm finding that I need to go over my limit to get an "acceptable" low grade on some of the bigger names. My average is still below my bar, but it'll be tough to maintain that since I still need all 4 Cobbs. I've haven't really been close on obtaining any of those within my price range!

Since I'm down to 14 hall of famers needed, I've already begun to think about what's next. I'll probably want to slightly upgrade some of the hall of famers from very-poor, then I'll likely test Barry's axiom and see if the Monster can get me to quit. If it doesn't, I've been thinking about collecting the 150 subjects subset then seeing where I go from there.

Really enjoying the set - it helps that they are so available - and I love all of the t206 discussion on these boards.

Tony

Last edited by tonyo; 08-17-2010 at 02:19 PM.