View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Tom Papa

Default contributions to the hobby

I agree with what you said Leon. I admit that I was not looking at contribution to the hobby as much as breathe, depth, etc. of their collections when I say there are at least 3-5 people who should be on that list.

To be honest, I assumed (wrongly) that this second list that the Brucii posted wasn't about contributions to the hobby because there are more than a couple people on that list that I don't know about having contributed much if anything outside of having huge collections? I could be wrong. I'm just saying I don't know what they contributed that was so great? I don't want to be disrespectful by calling out their names but there are some obvious ones to me. I'm not bad talking them because they sure as hell don't owe "the hobby" anything. They should be enjoying it like the rest of us.

If I'm wrong please go down the list and explain to me what each of those people contributed to the hobby outside of compiling huge collctions? You can skip obvious people like Burdick, Fritsch, Lifson, J. Miller and Lipset. Outside of those five gentlemen I would love the education so I can give each of these men the proper respect they deserve.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Last edited by GoSoxBoSox; 09-03-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: sp