View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:42 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I know some people around here like to bash Legendary. But they have realized some strong prices lately (in the face of a bad economy). Plus, they are getting some great consignments as of late.

The last items I consigned to them did VERY well, and they paid me fast. They also gave me a big break on the consignment fee (especially in comparison to what the other Houses wanted).

They have a November Premier Event, with a consignment deadline of September 24. For your specific item, I think Legendary would be the best fit, and you still have nearly 3 weeks to make their deadline. You would be paid in December, as opposed to late May/early June 2011 (if you were to wait for REA).

No knock on REA... they are "cream of the crop" but it is a long wait. I know they tout their cash advances, so maybe that's an option if you don't like Legendary, Hunts, Lelands, Heritage or SCP (all of whom are viable options).

If it were my item (and given the current market conditions/timing) I would use Legendary. As long as you avoid Grey Flannel and AMI, you should do fine...