View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
First of all, I must say I find this thread fascinating. While I have been collected cards off and on for over 30 years, and tried to read publications on the topic, I am still unfamiliar with a large number of the names in this thread. So I appreciate the history lesson I'm getting in exchange for my time reading this thread.

I must say that I find the personal attacks disappointing and distracting from the topic. FWIW, I do find Bruce's plural references to himself as more than a little odd but to each his own

Also, I'm seeing multiple references to a book on the Old Judge set. Can someone link me to that book? I did an Amazon search but came up empty - just a link to the Barry Halper collection book, the one on the fake Honus Wagner, and a bunch of auction books.

Kind regards,

Tabe
Tabe,

Welcome to the board.

I suggest you not be so quick at siding with Bruce and against his "attackers." Bruce's use of first person plural is the least of his personality oddities. Hang around and you'll see. (Although, as Barry said, he's been on his best behavior lately. I haven't received an email wishing me death, in weeks!)

Buy the OJ book. It is the most comprehensive coverage of a single card set I have ever seen.