View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

I think PSA also has a few years headstart.

I've only done a few prewar cards, all through SGC. It's pretty easy to do, and the holders do look really nice. I'm mostly grading some for the fun of it so far.

I've been considering doing some modern cards, and sending in modern ones would be more of a hunt for high grades that might be saleable. So I wanted to do PSA. The first step was checking the population reports to see which cards might be good ones to try. If there's a bunch of 9s out there I'm thinking it probably wont be worth it for commons.

But PSA charges for access to the population reports, so I'd have to just pick some. And they don't really tell you about that till you sign up, so now I get emails about grading coins, since they're part of a bigger grading concern. I'm not sure if they still require the $100 cover charge to be allowed to spend money with them, I think you can get cards graded without being in the club.

All in all, every time I look into spending money with PSA, they do something that makes me want to look elsewhere.

Steve B