View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Mike Charron / American Sports Antiquities

Definitely more traffic on Saturday and made a few more purchases, thank God. I fly into this show so it is a decent expense commitment for me. I purchased a very nice 1948 Leaf Boxing Abe Attell from Ted Z., and 2 killer Redman Tobacco Cards- a 1952 raw Willie Mays for $225.00 from Louis Bollman and a 1954 SGC 88 Jim Gilliam for $160.00 which looks undergraded from Wayne Varner.

All in all still a good show but I hope the promoters cut the cost back somewhat to try to keep this alive. At 1:00pm I asked one dealer, E & R Galleries, how he was doing and he said he had sold $60.00 total for the day thus far ! Those are flea market numbers. Pretty tough to make money like that. Another disturbing situation was the amount of thefts being reported from dealers' booths on both Friday night and Saturday. Also not good for continued dealer support.

There are so few shows like Philly around anymore I hope everything that can be done to keep this one going is implemented. It would be a shame for it to go the way of Sportsfest in Chicago.

Last edited by morgan118; 09-25-2010 at 05:25 PM.